Candida Overgrowth Its Symptoms & Ways to Prevent
Inside: Symptoms of Candida overgrowth in the gut, And what are ways to prevent it. What are the ways you can get rid of candida?
Fungal infections are common in Human Body, but it turns out to be worse when the fungus grows uncontrollably.
One such fungus is a genus of yeasts known as Candida. It is generally found in moist body parts such as the skin, mouth, throat, stomach, and vagina. In limited amounts, candida is not harmful to our bodies. But the condition turns problematic when Candida overgrows in the gut. Excess of everything is bad, hence when Candida overgrows, it disturbs the whole balance of the body.
The severity varies from person to person depending on the growth of Candida. Candida Overgrowth is known as Candidiasis. People who have a weak immune system, liver damage, prolonged antibiotic usage, high-stress levels, an imbalance of bacteria in the gut are highly prone to Candidiasis.
Once your body loses its balance, it starts giving you the signals that speak a lot about the condition. So, keep note of the symptoms like these will be the prompt sign of your body is suffering from Canadian Overgrowth. Symptoms may include:
- Stomach Pain
- Inability to Lose Weight
- Fungal Infections of the skin and nails
- Tiredness and
- Memory problems or brain fog
- Skin issues like eczema, hives
- Mast cell disorder
Often these symptoms are ignored and people don't think of candida overgrowth as a potential cause of these symptoms. So a very high index of suspicion is needed when you do have these symptoms.
Causes of Candida Overgrowth
Often I get asked this question about why I have candida overgrowth in my gut. So the answer is that there are various factors that can lead to Candida Overgrowth. Let’s get a deeper knowledge about each of them.
- Antibiotic Usage: We have trillions of bacteria that live in our gut, and candida lives with them. These bacteria have several health benefits and one of those health benefits is that they don't let candida overgrowth in our gut. Excessive use of antibiotics wipes off the bacteria that keep Candida in control. Hence, Candida grows independently and multiplies itself in the absence of it.
- Excessive Intake of Processed Food and Sugar: Foods that are higher in sugar and starch increase the risk of Candida overgrowth as yeast feed on sugar and hence, high sugar intake accelerates the growth of Candida
- Weak Immune System: Weak Immune System gives Candida a chance to flourish more easily and hence, it leads to the overgrowth of Candida. Moreover, an intake of antibiotics to recover from the weak immune system again takes the upper hand in developing Candida.
- Stress: High-Stress Levels upset the whole body and when the Body Balance gets disturbed, Candida gets an opportunity to overgrow.
- Hormonal Imbalances: Hormonal Imbalance is one of the major causes why body dysfunctions and hence, chances of Candida Overgrowth increases manifolds.
- Toxins: Our body gets exposed to toxins day in and day out, these toxins accelerate the growth of candida in our gut. In fact the mold toxins which is one of the most common toxins found in people cause rapid candida growth in the gut. So it is very important to check for both mold toxins and candida infection.
How to Prevent Candida Growth
Treating Candida overgrowth is a very complex issue. Most commonly people think that taking some basic steps about changing their diet or taking a few supplements can help them to get rid of Canada completely, but that doesn't happen.
Following are some basic Lifestyle Changes and some supplements that can help you to get started. These are the points that need to be paid attention to:
- Healthy Diet: Eating the right and healthy food also helps to control the growth of Candida. Experts suggest that a person should take a low sugar diet, skip gluten and alcohol along with limiting the intake of dairy. Other than this, Fermented Foods and Probiotics should be encouraged.
- Lifestyle Change: You can strike a balance within your body by focusing on your sleep, exercise, and stress reduction. These are the basic elements that need to be worked upon to attain a perfect balance in your gut microbiome. When your gut is healthy and balanced, candida also stays in control. So, get at least eight hours of sleep, reduce your stress levels, and do little exercises like yoga or walking.
- Herbal Supplements: Introducing herbal supplements in your daily routine will help you to combat candida overgrowth. These include oregano oil, berberine, caprylic acid, and garlic extract that has anti-yeast and anti-fungal properties which help in controlling candida. But you have to be careful and sometimes people get dye reactions when taking these supplements.
After doing the above lifestyle changes and herbal supplements, if you're still not feeling better this is the time to work with a qualified Functional Medicine Doctor Who can help you get rid of candida.
Oftentimes people have been doing these protocols for a long-term basis and they don't see any success, the reason being that we are not checking them for toxins, not checking their immune system, and also not checking for nutrient deficiencies that all lead to candida overgrowth.
If you are looking for an expert to help you to get rid of Candida, then you can work with me as I've helped several people to get rid of their Candida issues.
Click below to schedule a free evaluation call with me